Daily, we are encouraged to do visualization – where you focus on your goals. Find a quiet place where you can visualize yourself taking the challenge.
- Visualize yourself getting a bucket or large pot and filling it with at least 1/3 ice and the rest cold water.
- Visualize the bucket of water sitting for 20 minutes so that it becomes extremely cold.
- Visualize yourself standing ready for the bucket of ice water. You may be surrounded by friends or family, or maybe you have friends tuned in live via the Internet to watch you take the challenge.
- Visualize the bucket being raised over your head by people standing behind you.
- You do not know when the frigid water is going to hit the top of your head. Visualize the anticipation you feel and the tenseness in your body. You close your eyes as you prepare to get doused.
- The challenge happens!
- Visualize the ice cold water and remaining unthawed ice rapidly soaking your head, your shoulders, and down your body. Do you hear uncontrollable laughter? You gasped as your body went into frigid shock.
Open your eyes. Still freezing wet and in shock, how does the world look to you now? In that spontaneous second what was your first thought? What is different based on how you reacted to the jolt of ice water?
Now visualize if you applied that jolt to your life and/or to your career. How would you react? What would be different? It does not matter if you are the highest income earner or someone still struggling, nor does it matter if you apply this to your career or your personal life; such a jolt instantly changes one’s perspective. You experience something you probably have never experienced before.
Are you willing to take The Ice Bucket Challenge? Once you take the challenge, challenge three other people. That’s the rule of the game! That’s how you build momentum.