The entrepreneur looks for opportunities everywhere and pursues them with speed. Does this mean you need to be an entrepreneur in order to get ahead? No, but you do need to employ that entrepreneurial spirit in your daily life. Most opportunities are lost due to being unfocused with your goals or poorly defined priorities, often referred to as fuzzy thinking.
Infinite opportunities can and do exist within nearly every situation, event, or happening. The search for an opportunity should be continuous and on-going in order to create significant results. Develop your entrepreneurial mindset to become aware of not only the obvious opportunities but also those hidden behind the day-to-day problems and issues. Don’t waste your time rummaging through volumes of useless information. Instead, focus on strategies to assist in gathering, evaluating, and applying to your vision and goals. Ask yourself:
- What’s happening in my world, my environment?
- How are things changing and what is causing the change?
- What needs must I acquire or have now?
- What needs could I satisfy now and which ones do I need in the future?
- What is the gap between the now and the future and how do I bridge that gap?
- What advantages and abilities do I have now? What do I need to create for the future?
- What old proficiencies do I need to deemphasize?
When you open yourself to infinite possibilities, no idea is ever wasted. You begin to connect with your existing knowledge and the possibilities ahead. You become inspired, energized, and encouraged. As a Chinese proverb teaches, “the broader your net, the more fish you catch.”
Instead of focusing on what could go wrong in the next few years, try looking at what could go right. Remember, it’s not about whether the glass is half full or half empty, it is about who is pouring the water. You are in charge of you. Plan ahead as if all your wildest dreams could and will come true. When you adopt this mindset you begin that journey to infinite possibilities.
Start each day with positive affirmations. Throughout each day repeat those affirmations. End each day with gratitude and affirmations. Your life is in your hands and you must be the navigator of your journey. Enhance your personal skills, trust your choices, and do what you truly want to do. It does not matter how it affects your career, your family, or your personal life; as long as you are aligning yourself to succeed, you are doing the right thing.
Here are affirmations to begin with. What other ones can you come up with?
- I know what I want to do in life and am striving for a better future
- I think logically through the decisions I make
- I make the right and best choices and stop making excuses
- I take care of myself physically, mentally, and emotionally
- I know what I want and I deserve what I want
- I take the necessary risks to be successful
- I am at peace with what I deserve
- I am doing the things I love to do
And, throughout your day remind yourself this is “My Moment to Succeed.”
bartism: Just beyond the horizon of the so-called impossible is infinite possibility. ~bryant mcgill